Mesa Pharmacy meets the compounding needs of pain management specialists and patients throughout the country. Our pharmacists have the ability to custom compound medications in our state-of-the-art compounding laboratory located in Irvine, CA. We compound medications that improve therapeutic outcomes, reduce side effects, and save patients time and money.
When to Compound for Pain Management
Compounding medications for pain is essential in these instances:
- Your first line therapy fails
- A commercially manufactured medication is on backorder or discontinued
- Your patient has a medical necessity which requires an alternative dosage form or strength be utilized, outside of what is commercially available
- Your patient has an allergy or side effect to a commercially available product
- The medical condition and/or medical history of the patient is such that it requires the use of multiple therapies combined into one medication
Benefits of Compounding For Pain Specialists
You can use the power of pharmacy compounding to benefit your patients’ well being, and to support your position as a problem solving medical specialist within your community. Utilizing compounding as a treatment option allows you to accrue these benefits:
- Expand your treatment armamentarium, and develop a highly satisfied patient base
- Distinguish your medical practice from that of other providers in your field of medicine, and grow your practice
- Be assured of competitive, affordable prices that make treatment possible and practical for you and your patients
Compounding for Common Types of Pain
We have the ability to compound medications for the following common conditions you treat, including:
- Breakthrough Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Post Herpetic Neuralgia
- Wound Pain
- And many more!
- Neuropathic Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Back Pain
- Muscle Soreness
- Arthritis Pain
Mesa Pharmacy - Creating Customized Delivery Forms for the Management of Pain
Our goal as pain management pharmacists is to increase compliance with pain therapy by providing many specialized dosage forms. These specialized dosage forms allow us to treat pain in ways not commonly available in commercially available products or dosage forms.
We can create medications in the following delivery forms that will increase compliance, reduce the stress of administration, and maximize the potential for therapeutic success:
- Iontophoresis Solutions
- Topical Sprays
- Sublingual Drops
- And Others!
- Topical Gels/Creams
- Flavored Oral Suspensions
- Transdermal Gels/Creams
- Topical Ointments
- Phonophoresis Gels
Compounding Is Safe and Legal
Our compounding pharmacy must comply with the regulations set forth by the California State Board of Pharmacy. The State Board of Pharmacy sets and enforces regulations for compounding, just as it does for traditional pharmacy. The ingredients used by our pharmacy to make compounds come from FDA-registered and inspected facilities.
Mesa Pharmacy - Pain Management Specialists' Trusted Compounding Resource
Our pharmacists have received extensive training in compounding techniques and have access to a support network that generates a constant exchange of ideas and innovations. Our goal is to make sure that you and your patients receive high-quality compounded medications at the most competitive prices. Our pharmacy accepts prescriptions from licensed prescribers via fax, phone, or hard copy. By law, we are not allowed to dispense any compounded medications without an authorized prescription from a licensed prescriber. We would be happy to speak with you regarding questions you may have about compounding or the prescribing process. Call us today - You’ll be glad you did!